Sunday, October 6, 2013

Holy Cow, I just started a farm blog!

Welcome to my microfarming blog!  I have no idea what I'm doing... with this blog, or with my 1/4 acre microfarm... but I'm determined to figure it out!  My passion for farming, and getting back to nature is BIG.  Not just for my own well-being and happiness, but for my children, and their children, and on and on.... This country needs more small farmers.  The food industry is gross- GMO's, pesticides, factory farmed animals pumped full of antibiotics and growth hormones- don't even get me started.  That's a topic for another day.

I envision a farm in my future, but I'm starting small.  My 3 kids keep me extremely busy, and enjoy helping me with our small, yet productive, garden patch, our flock of chickens (who haven't yet started laying and mostly turned out to be roosters), and our new and exciting compost habit.

I'm excited to share and learn as I go, and hopefully learn from like-minded people-  all the farmers, and homesteaders, and wannabefarmers like me.  My happiness as a person, and a mom, lies in getting back to my roots, and love of nature.  Speaking of roots, I wonder if there was enough of a frost last night to sweeten up those carrots of mine that are still in the ground...

No comments:

Post a Comment